Re: [SLUG] need debian help

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 01:16:59 EDT

A2L1 wrote:

>OK, I have an IBM ThinkPad(PII 366 with 280+megs) and I am
>having a ton of probs getting the sound up and running,
>and, getting it to recognize the docking station.

    Does your TP by chance use the Crystal chipset for sound? If so,
that one is finicky about the DMA and IRQ settings, sometimes requiring
that the DMA settings be reversed from what they "should" be. Try this
link for more info about the Crystal 4232 and Linux:
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4BP6Q6.html?selectarea=SUPPORTbrand=root

    Jeff