[SLUG] Debian...I GIVE UP! Anyone else?

From: Meyer, David R (David.Meyer07@ca.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 10:24:09 EDT

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a dupe. I didn't see my original posting on this so
I'll try again.

I have tried for a few months on and off to get Debian installed and
working properly on both a laptop and a desktop. I have been using
Knoppix and Xandros installed on the hard drive and I like the Debian
kernel. But I seem to run into trouble when I start selecting packages
during a raw Debian install. Maybe I'm just not getting it, but I can't
seem to make it work right. Failed deps. seem to be the norm, and
nothing works. I can't even get x to start.

So...I am hoping there are other out there just like me. So I would
like to offer my living room and network, and see if there are some
others like me who want to learn, and if there is someone out there who
knows Debian who could tutor us through an installation. I don't want
you to do it for me, I just want someone to guide me in the right
direction.

Thanks,

Dave