Re: [SLUG] earthlink smtp

From: savatage (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 23:08:02 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Coulter" <wrcoulter30@yahoo.com>
To: <slug@nks.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [SLUG] earthlink smtp

> Ok, so, I could use my yahoo account to receive and send email from the
yahoo account from the
> eathlink account.

NO absolutley not!

> Do you follow me here?
>Correct me if I am wrong.

Yahoo you have is a online webmail service! I am talking about a ISP Road
Runner connection setting allowing me to access Earthlink/Mindspring ISP
account I have.

I have 2 accounts registered with slug.
This is my mindspring account and my earthlink/mindspring account.
At home I use my roadrunner account and have my e-mail program set to pull
both account's email.
In my email program when I click on a certain subject such as now i happen
to clicked on the one going to my mindspring account!
To replay to it if the default server was choosen for earthlink/mindspring
form my SMTP Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
which would be smtp.earthlink.net or mail.earthlink.net earthlinks server
will reject this comming from my Road Runner connection.

How ever if I use the SMTP server address smtpauth.earthlink.net my mail
can be sent from my Road Runner account connection and go through cause
this server address with the log on using password option is set it will let
me send it cause it is authorized hince smtpauth!

That's it. Nothing more.

This means it does not matter know which particular message from either from
my earthlink/mindspring connection or Road Runner I can reply to either from
this one connection.

So I do not have to manually connect to earthlink/mindspring directly to
send mail back through my client connection using a dialup connection to
reply to my mindspring account! I can use High Speed with my Road Runner!
again that is it nothing more.

Anyways I got it to work this was not a biggie. So now I can use the
Mozillia Email proggie configured to do either way!

See Ya
Bill P