Re: [SLUG] Linux video training

From: Eric A. Hicks (lugmail@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 21:28:46 EDT

Here's the thing... a linux video is only going to be as good as the
usefulness of the information presented. The thing I hate about most
of the linux books in circulation is that they cover alot of crap and
not alot of practical info. I could care less how to play the games
that come with KDE. I want to learn the command line. How to set up
web and email servers. How to administer application security. How to
install mySQL.

Maybe these things can only be learned in meetings and one-on-one
sessions with someone who knows more than I do! I don't know...

The ironic thing is that a video about the simple topics would probably
sell better than an advanced video.