Re: [SLUG] Debian CDs at Sarasota meeting tomorrow (Tues)

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 07:29:13 EDT

Debian gives strange names to its releases, most of which seem like
names of characters in a dominatrix scenario. Redhat also names their
releases similarly strangely after fish and Norse mythological stuff
which scares me more (well not really, but just for the sake of
hyperbole). Gentoo doesn't give names because they don't really have
releases, but there's this strange cow thing going on. Microsoft names
their releases/secret projects after islands/mountains and other stuff
in the Northwest/BC area. Let me guess, their next super-secret code
name is probably "Snoqualmie Pass", or "Snohomish", or "Sasquatch" (well
that's not an island/mountain). I don't know why there are so many CDs
in Debian testing and unstable version. I wish I had a DVD burner,
because that's just a single disc.