Re: [SLUG] Re: [SCADA]Overseers Missed Big Picture as Failures Led to Blackout

From: Bob File (bobpat@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 22:05:11 EDT

On Saturday 13 September 2003 12:08 pm, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:

> 3. I have made repeatly mention that SCADA was the next big computer field.
> Most people on the list have yet to grasp what SCADA is. This shows what
> SCADA does. All the systems are part of SCADA. Do not expect to do a Goggle
> search for SCADA and understand. SCADA is a generatic name; not the name of
> most of the components.

what? There is a fair amount to be found via google ....
Supervisory Control and Data Aquisition has been around for a while.

There are some Linux Projects out there. You can start at Control.com to find
them. Maybe you already know this.
I would love to have a driver for Linux that would use the Allen Bradley Data
Highway.....