Re: [SLUG] Debian Drive Mounting

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 12:28:34 EDT

OK, I assume you're running GNOME or KDE, and the problem lies in an
inconsistency between the desktop file manager and your /etc/fstab. The
error message shows that it's trying to either mount to /mnt/cdrom or read
/mnt/cdrom when you click the icon. However, the cdrom line in your fstab
is showing that the default mount point for your cdrom is /cdrom , not
/mnt/cdrom . Does /mnt/cdrom exist on your system? If not, I suggest
creating it, by either making a directory with that name, or, better yet,
making it a symbolic link to /cdrom (`ln -s /cdrom /mnt/cdrom`). Same
thing with the floppy and whatever else.