Re: [SLUG] Still can't get cyradm to work

From: Austin Theen (austin@austintheen.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 14:31:03 EDT

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 09:11, Douglas Koobs wrote:
> Is there any way to re-compile and install cyradm without completely
> re-installing Cyrus? I still cant get cyradm to work (no response, just
> drops me back to bash prompt when I try to run it).

Have you tried using the cyrus admin account? I know I had a hard time
figuring out how to set quotas and create the public folders with the
proper permissions. What finally worked for me was this little line.

cyradm --auth login localhost -u cyrus

using the password set for cyrus in /etc/passwd. This is the user
account that cyrus runs under.

> I used less to look at the cyradm file, and it looks more like some kind
> of a man page than a perl script... Is this correct? It contains whole
> paragraphs of plain english that are not commented. I know next to nothing
> about programming, but this seems strange.

Another thing that makes admining a cyrus imap server simple is the
Webmin module Imap Admin which specifically supports cyrus imap servers.
You can get the 3rd party module here:
http://www.nwe.de/develop/imapadmin-0.8.2.wbm

HTH,

Austin

FWIW, This didn't make it the first time, thought I suspect it's cause I
posted from a non subscribed email even though the reply-to was correct.
Hope it works this time.