[SLUG] Biz2Expo Update

From: bpreece1 (bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 22:13:51 EDT

Ok Folks I wanted to give an update regarding the show in December on the
17th and 18th at the Biz2Expo in Tampa at the Covention
Center. .

Speakers
Robin "Roblimo" Miller of OSDN
Jon "maddog" Hall of Linux International
Dr. Frederick H. Berenstein, Chairman of Xandros Inc.

Possible depending on a few things Chris DiBona Vice President of Marketing
Damage Studios Inc.
and Linux International

Xandros is providing copies of it 1.0 Distro to give out, as well as We will
be the Official launch of the Xandros 2.0 Desktop and Server
Products. Don't ask me how we pulled it off but I think this is very cool.

This is really starting to shape up for one of the best shows yet.

Diane has been hounding the companies to get swag to give out Distros, and
all kinds of goodies. I will say that right now there is some issues trying
to get stuff how ever we will get through this. She is constantly calling
and E-mailing these companies. So please give her a round of applause. Also
shortly we will have a layout of how the both will be laid out. We will
make a list out of what we need and what we need people to do at the booth.
She will be the primary person in charge of the booth. I will be doing
double duty there for SLUG and NextWave. {I am really excited for the
challenge}

Also Robin I want to thank you for all your help as always a huge help and a
great friend. Again thanks!

We may also have some Tech TV people to hang out with us as well depending
on how things go as well as some others who I am going to wait to announce.
We will again have Laptops, Desktops and If I can get my Sun Sparc Ultra 30
loaded with Debian, and maybe a Dec ALPHA and a UMAX Power PC Mac Clone
loaded. For one of the PC's will be a gamming PC as well as Multimedia
loaded running WINEX. We will be giving out Knoppix Cd's as well.

Some of the Pc's we will have on Display will have Code Weavers Crossover,
Win4Lin, and also VMware, Star Office, Open Office, as well. There will be a
whole variety of stuff.

Ok this is just a short update.

Be sure to go to the www.biz2expo.com website and register now for the show.

More to come shortly.