Re: [SLUG] How do I find...

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 07:26:40 EDT

> I guess, because I have: gimp-1.3.19-SuSE.ulb.1
> So it seems that Sane is looking for older packages than I have.
>
> So what to do. Evidently I upgraded Gimp before reinstalling Sane.
> I guess that is what I get for trying to have the "latest & greatest"
> Can I fool sane by renaming the files and then change them back again?

I'd first try rebuilding the source rpm against your newer gimp libraries.
You'll need to install a few -devel packages first, then use rpmbuild to
rebuild them. So:
  Install the gimp-devel libraries
  rpmbuild --rebuild sane-x.x.x-src.rpm

This will/should create binary RPMs. Alas, there's no guarantee that the
package will build properly against the new libs, but I've had pretty good
success with most other packages.

--
The Digital Hermit      Unix and Linux Solutions
http://www.digitalhermit.com