Re: [SLUG] How do I find...

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 10:19:14 EDT

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Bob Stia wrote:

> On Friday 24 October 2003 01:57, Eben King wrote:
> Seems I have the following files:
>
> libgimp-1.3.so.19
> libgimp-1.3.so.19.0.0
> libgimpui-1.3.so.19
> libgimpui-1.3.so.19.0.0
>
> I guess, because I have: gimp-1.3.19-SuSE.ulb.1
> So it seems that Sane is looking for older packages than I have.
>
> So what to do. Evidently I upgraded Gimp before reinstalling Sane.

If you do that, RPM will probably tell you that SANE depends on the older
version of libgimp, and therefore Gimp can't be upgraded.

> I guess that is what I get for trying to have the "latest & greatest"
> Can I fool sane by renaming the files and then change them back again?

You can try leaving them as-is, and making a link to the desired name.

If those are the only files you're missing, you could use "--force" in the
installation. SANE will probably work afterward. But you'll have to do
the same for any app that depends on a specific version of libgimp.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Ben Franklin