Re: [SLUG] SuSE 9 and apt

From: Jason Pratt (themadtux@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 23:22:05 EDT

On Friday 24 October 2003 22:59, you wrote:
> There is new apt-get for SuSE 9.0  The old one will not work with 8.2 or
> older.  You can get it here:
>
> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/apt4rpm/9.0
>
> You might want to think of joining the SuSE mailong list also.

Yeah I grabbed and installed:

apt-0.5.5cnc6-rb6.i586.rpm
apt4rpm-0.65.2-0.noarch.rpm
apt-libs-0.5.5cnc6-rb6.i586.rpm
lua-5.0-rb3.i586.rpm

installed those and then ran in the console:
rpm -qa | grep -E "^apt-0"

which did not return "apt-0.5.x..." or anything.. just a clean new prompt :)

Any ideas what I've done wrong? And I'm about to join the suse mailling list
as well :)