Re: [SLUG] SuSE 9 and apt

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 11:45:47 EDT

> Sorry I couldn't be much more help. I did a fresh install over Red Hat.
> Yast 2 is outstanding. Now if I could only use this for my main desktop I'd
> be happy :)

I'll just wait for the regular non-preview download Suse 9.0 to become
available. I understand their new version of the 2.4.21 kernel is what fixes
acpi. I was going to try to use apt to pull the rpms off the site, but this
would defy the reasoning behind which I use Suse at all for my work laptop:
no hassles. Does anyone know when iso images will be available (not preview
liveCDs)?