[SLUG] Novell, Linux and SuSE

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 18:48:43 EST

Novell is buying up SuSE. See Novell's website.

Now, Novell has been touting their desire to run Netware (or whatever)
on the Linux platform for some time now. Of course, Novell's market
share has been eroding fast in the last few years. Most of the people
still using it are fanatically loyal to Novell anyway.

My question is, why run Netware on top of Linux? Why would I need
Netware when I have Linux? Can't I build a server-based network out of
readily available Linux-based programs? And if so, what would I want
Netware for?

Paul