Re: [SLUG] Suse ISOs here!

From: Aaron Steimle (asteimle@washpat.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 23:58:31 EST

I believe statement is in reference to derived works of YaST ( that have
been licensed from SuSE) and not the retail package that is purchased.

Under the Dissemination clause it does state that it is forbidden to
distribute unamended version of SuSE. Unless a charge required for such
action is paid to SuSE with consent. Then the following paragraph
discloses the details of disseminating derived works of YaST and
references 2b which states you can't charge people for your derived work
to 3rd parties.

I don't think it is saying that I can post iso's on an ftp server and
kick it out to all. If that were the case wouldn't I be able to download
iso's right now?

Don't get me wrong here, I don't want to be right. But reading the
license isn't really telling me I can burn copies and give it to my
friends.

They are mixing the GNU GPL with there license. I believe there is some
legal issue like that going on now. ;-)