RE: [SLUG] Dell ditches India for Tech Support

From: levi@bard.sytes.net
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 12:00:27 EST

> And as for those of you who have the mental image that southerners lack
> any education, class, refinement, or just plain think we are backwards
> backwoods racists - I hold up a special finger on both hands just for
> you in protest. :-) People from the Northeast, Midwest, and Western
> United States are not the only enlightened people on the planet.

I didn't say unrefined, I said they tend to have thick accents. Which is
also true of people in other parts of the country, as seen in the movie
Fargo (incredibly accurate Minnesota accents).

Someone pointed out earlier that, while different parts of the US have
different accents, many Americans have more difficulty understanding a
foreign accent than a Baaston accent. While possibly true, I still find
myself having to "translate" for my wife in various parts of the country.