[SLUG] Cannot boot puter

From: Maureen L Thomas (res1ydl9@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 20:10:18 EST

I installed Mandrake 9.2 on my desktop. Install went fine, it rebooted
fine, I did all the security updates, set up my firewall, etc etc etc.
Then I tried to reboot. I get error 13 every time I try to reboot. I
had installed the new kernel 2.4.21-22 and it still won't reboot. I am
using grub so here is my menu.lst

This is my grub menu.lst

timeout 10
color black/cyan yellow/cyan
i18n (hd0,2)/grub/messages
altconfigfile (hd0,2)/grub/menu.once
default 0

title linux
kernel (hd0,2)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 noapic devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi
resume=/dev/hda5 acpi=ht
initrd (hd0,0)/initrd.img

title floppy
root (fd0)
chainloader +1

title failsafe
kernel (hd0,0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 noapic failsafe devfs=nomount
hdc=ide-scsi resume=/dev/hda5 acpi=ht
initrd (hd0,0)/initrd.img
~
~
~
~
~
"menu.lst" [readonly] 17L, 436C

When I use the Mandrake control panel to configure Grub/LILO I get the
following message:

Installation of LILO failed. The following error occured:

mkinitrd failed at /usr/lib/libDrakX/bootloader.pm line 64

line 63 and 64 say

unlink ("$::prefix/$initrdImage");
die "mkinitrd failed"; (line 64)

I would appreciate your help, I am totally lost. Maureen