Re: [SLUG] custom kernel issues

From: Bill Canaday (bill13510@wwnet.net)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 22:24:20 EST

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 21:50, Nathan Anderson wrote:

> What else could I be missing in LILO that would cause me to reboot after
> selecting the various Athlon kernels I've compiled?

Not too much. I was thinking along the lines of a typo or a perfectly
good command pointing to a non-existent file or placed in the wrong
location. Little things, simple things. The error might not lay there,
but, since it is so intimately involved with the boot process, it seemed
a good place to look.

On those occaisions when the machine no longer functions as I think it
should, I normally look at the last place or two I edited and I quite
often find the error there.

Bill