[SLUG] win 98 and cups on rh8.0

From: mrock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 12:23:34 EST

I have asked this before a while back and since there seems to be some
new 'blood' coursing these electronic veins I will ask again.

I have two win98 laptops that need to be able to print to our network
printers. I have all printers configured with cups running on our RH
8.0 box.

When ever I try to install a Lexmark printer( Lexmark is all we have) on
these laptops I get to a point where I get a message that says the
printer is offline and then the installation will continue and look like
a good install except that is always offline.

The computer will hang if you try to print to the printer.

Do I need to know something about installing a network printer on win98
using cups on RH 8.0??? I have looked everywhere for some instructions
with our any success.

Michael C Rock