Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} Linspire aka Lindows now trying to make Apple Mad?

From: Travis R. Birt (travis@databasepro.net)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 06:51:09 EDT

Robert Snyder wrote:

> This guy Michael Robertson, he complains about Microsoft coming after
> him, but what do you except when you have a product that is only one
> letter off from MS, flagship product.... And while I am not the
> biggest fan of Microsoft, I see there point I was talking to someone (
> complete idiot computer-wise) He was going on how he hated Windows and
> I suggest Lindows and he said no I dont want to try any more Microsoft
> products. Microsoft is not worried about computer people but the 85 %
> of the rest of the people on the net that have a hard time telling you
> what version of windows they are running.
>
> So now i get Michaels Minute Linspires almost weekly spam email,

This is not spam. You Have to sign up and request this to get it. If you
do not want it anymore, go to
https://shop.linspire.com/user/mylindows_subscriptions.php and check off
that you do not want it.
You will have to log in as whatever you did originally when you
requested it though.

> and they are talking about Lphoto.... enough said. Also i seen in a
> previous Micheals minutes about have other L tools ones for movies and
> music and calendar functions.

Actually, both Lphoto and Lsongs are pretty nice. Lmovie does not exist,
although maybe some day, and I had not heard about L-Cal... Lindows has
always pushed Ximian Evolution for scheduling and such.

> Hmm I wonder where this sounds familiar....
>
> I bet I can already name them,
>
> L-Movie
> L-Tunes
> L-Cal
>
> I seen apple sue companies over less.
>
> But the worst part is the second that apple decides to sue Michael
> Robertson will be spiting out Michael Minutes faster than I can read
> them how Apple is just as evil as Microsoft...... and they will be
> rehashes from his MS complaints except you replace the word Microsoft
> with apple.
>
> Some one needs to stop this man.... All he can seem to do is cause
> more trouble.

Yeah, how terrible, someone is drawing attention to Linux.. Has gotten a
lot of people to use it that never looked at it. Managed to make Linux
easy enough a beginner can use it. By all means we should st...??? Wait
a minute, why would you want to stop him from making Linux more popular?

I think Michael Rovertson did a brilliant piece of marketing. Love or
hate Lindows, a LOT more people know about it then most Linux variants,
simply because of all the press he got from the lawsuit. A lawsuit over
a common term, windows.