Re: [SLUG] port redirection

From: Backward Thinker (backwardthinker@juno.com)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 10:04:22 EDT

> So back to the real question: Is there a quick hack to have
> a linux box listening on port 9161/udp forward locally to
> 161/udp ? Can't I use iptables to do this? I'm gonna go try
> to hack some iptables to do it, keep you posted.

I wouldn't call it hacking iptables; it's more just business as
usual :). I haven't tested this, so you will probably need to
tweak, but you'll end up with something that will look a lot
like:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 (or whichever interface)
-p udp --dport 9161 -j DNAT --to-destination 127.0.0.1:161

~ Daniel

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!