Re: [SLUG] free xandros

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 10:36:29 EDT

Robert Snyder wrote:

> I think microsoft has turn a generation into a bunch of lazy want the computer
> to do everything for them generation.

If you want relevancy on the open market, you have to appeal to the majority, or at least a substantial minority. In the desktop PC market, that means you appeal to the "bunch of lazy want the computer to do everything for them" people you're complaining about. Appealing to them usually means at least helping them understand a different way of doing things rather than insulting them en masse and blaming them for their inability to just magically adjust to your way of thinking. I'm usually one of the first people to agree that 98% of humanity in developed Western nations is a bunch of TV-educated zombies, but I know better than to expect Linux to make Windows irrelevant by alienating most of the market for a desktop PC.