Re: {SPAM?} Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} The spam tag

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 18:23:14 EDT

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:56:00AM -0400, Derek Glidden wrote:

<snip>

> All of verizon's dynamic IPs (dialup and DSL) are on various SPAM RBLs
> and unfortunately, SpamAssassin gives them high scores, so anything
> that gets sent from a Verizon account will probably get flagged by any
> system that uses SpamAssassin rules, like the one NKS filters
> everything through.

This is what I don't like about RBLs. When the process of inserting an
IP is automated, that's one thing. There used to be some guys that had
an RBL like that. Their software sent a series of emails, and the
results either did or didn't get an IP added to the RBL list. But
someone threatened to sue them for some lame reason and they closed up
shop. Without a system like that, I'm afraid there's too much politics
in RBLs, too much that relies on human judgment.

Paul