Re: [SLUG] Athlon 64 Laptop

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 12:26:32 EDT

On Fri June 25 2004 11:36 am, someone wrote:
> > too big and bulky to carry all the time, or

Yeah, for college, I'd get him something smaller. Nobody wants to be the dork
with the oversized laptop belching out heat. He's too young to worry about
carpal tunnel, so keyboard size isn't an issue. I'd go for an ultraportable
if I were going to college. I like the IBM X40 (getting one soon for work)
and that tiny (but expensive) Dell and the ultraportable Toshibas and the
Sharp Actius MM20. Female geeks may be attracted to a brushed titanium-cased
laptop, but my fiance won't let me test this theory. We just bought a new
consumer-grade HP laptop here at work and it's definitely two-steps backwards
quality-wise from the Armada M6&700s I've toted for years.
-Eric