RE: [SLUG] Request: MythTV Setup help

From: Ben Drawbaugh (bdraw@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 07:58:27 EDT

At this point WB38 is the only commercial station in the TampaBay area that
is not transmitting any HD. I did not mention DTV, since it is required by
the FCC and the last hold out (WUSF) just started transmitting DTV last
month after a FCC extension.

Sinclair is infamous for not upgrading any of their stations to HD, the
equipment to go HD after going Digital has little to do with the
transmitting standard. Not to mention recently Sinclair even admitted
recently that 8VSB is making progress. At this point Sinclair is not doing
anything beyond the FCC mandate.
If you live in Orlando you can watch your favorite WB shows in HD if you
live in Tampa you can't.
Do a search for Sinclair over at avsforum.com and you will find more pages
then you can read of angry viewers. Sinclair can give whatever excuses they
want bottom line is they aren't doing anything to help push HDTV.

This is OT for this list, come join us over at tampahdtv.com and we can
continue this discussion.

Ben