[SLUG] I told them . . .

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 19:35:21 EDT

> Dear user ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com,

> We have found that your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of
> nsolicited e-mail messages during this week.
> We suspect that your computer had been infected by a recent virus and now runs
> a trojaned proxy server.

> Please follow instruction in order to keep your computer safe.

> Best regards,
> tampabay.rr.com user support team.

> file attachment: ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com.zip

> This e-mail in its original form contained one or more attached files that
> were infected with the W32.Mydoom.M@mm virus or worm. They have been removed.

   Sirs:

   I don't think this is possible, and I don't think your advise can help me,
I have NO Micro$oft products in my home, I operate LINUX exclusively, I have
since 1997! Also I do not use zip, I use bzip2.

   I suggest you look over your log files more carefully for the actual sender.
I KEEP my internet connection DEAD except when downloading mail, browsing
(not very much) and while downloading from the news groups, at all other
times the connection is severed. I am very concerned with MY security.

   Ron ryouvan@tampabay.rr.com

--
        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997   SENT Time and Date are UTC