Re: [SLUG] Can this be done?

From: Richard S. Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 21:22:23 EDT

Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:

>On Tuesday 10 August 2004 02:43, Eben King wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Bob Stia wrote:
>>

>>>Can this be done?? When I am on the web I allow some cookies to be set
>>>because it is easier than replying to a pop-up choice everytime.
>>>
>>>Question is: Can a chron file be written to clean the cookies out of
>>>mozilla or Konqueror on a one night basis?
>>>

>Why bather?
>
>In either you may set cookies to be accepted, rejected or ask.
>
>If you set them to ask and then reject/accept which ever cookie you do not
>want you want/accept you will develop a depository of cookie action which
>greatly eliminates pop ups while allowing actions you want to occur. Sorry
>there is no better way.
>
>But! You should understand that this will not eliminate pop ups. In order to
>do that you will have to configure java script pop up policy at the bottom of
>the java configuration page.

Mozilla has POP UP management built in and labeled as such.
I set cookies to be returned only to the site that set them.
In windows I use Spybot Search and Destroy tyo get rid of third party
cookies and other malware.
Is something like this available in Linux?
I know a lot of that stuff doesn't work in a non Windows environment,
but I am still concerned.

                       Richard Smoot