Re: [SLUG] New Kernel Naming Scheme?

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 23:25:14 EDT

Logan Tygart wrote:

>Hello Slugadonia,
>
>Does anyone know whats up with the new kernel naming scheme? The newest
>"stable" version is 2.6.8.1 How does this work? Is this a replacement
>for the -rc what-have-you? I must have missed something during the last
>week. Kernel.org yields no useful answers.

KernelTrap is your friend:

    http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/3642

Eventually KernelTraffic will pick this up as well:

    http://www.kerneltraffic.org/

These are both great places to follow LKML without actually subscribing
to that monster.

Linus put out a quick NFS patch to 2.6.8. This is all following the
previous 2.6 versioning discussion.

Still, I'll agree, it did catch most everyone off guard.

- Ian