Re: [SLUG] Novel SuSE Video irritant

From: Robin \ (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 09:37:09 EDT

>Here's a handy tip: _Always_ back up a working XF86Config[-4]. I don't
>know how many times I've had distros which are unable to duplicate a
>formerly working config file with their setup routines.

Actually, with the new(er) KDE Control Center you can click "Defaults"
and go right back where you were. Also, in MEPIS, if you mess up XF86
config so bad that X won't start, you can run from the livecd, call up
the MEPIS install utility, and "Install X Config" (only) to make things
right again.

- Robin