Re: [SLUG] Another annoyance

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 20:46:59 EDT

Here is the latest, it appears that the resolve.conf file is not being
generated, some
event seems to trigger it but not sure what. Right now after I shut
the machine down
and restarted it, again it did not find the network, so the first
thing I did was issue
some of the commands to dhcp, such as renew a lease and just stop and start it,
No luck. Then I went out to look at the resolv.conf file and it is not
there!! When I
found it the system had started talking, so something is keeping it
from building
it's resolv.conf file. I am not sure what it woud be. I am also trying
to figure out
where it is copying it from. This would also explain why when I gave
it a default
gateway it still would not resolve, the file was missing, as soon as
it buiilt up
it's resolv.conf file life was good.

Do any of you have a idea WHY this is going on. Sure is frustrating to
have a nice
rev level running and then do a upgrade and have it go off into the weeds. I can
understand it on obscure stuff that no one uses, but DHCP?? seems that one
should have been caught.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;