Re: [SLUG] SMB User Passwords Not working

From: Backward Thinker (backwardthinker@juno.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 10:41:06 EDT

> When I try to do:
> smbclient -L localhost the following happens:
> useless cups # smbclient -L localhost
> Unknown socket option TCP_NODELEAY
> Password:
> session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Hi Knowles, the best thing would be to post your smb.conf.
You can also fix the typo in your socket options parameter
while you're at it :). But yeah, cupsaddsmb is just a
wrapper for smbclient and rpcclient, if you can't get
logged on it won't be of any help.

> I tried to install samba some months back and the same
> thing happened. I am guessing its something I am doing
> but I am not sure what and I am not real sure what info
> to give to get to the bottom of this. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Are you sure you don't have multiple versions installed in
different paths? That might explain why smbpasswd doesn't
seem to be helping you much, unless your smb.conf is totally
bonkers.

But go ahead and post your smb.conf; that'll probably be the
easiest way to get you up and running.

GL,
~ Daniel

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!