[SLUG] VNC Shared Session Passwords broken

From: Knowles Burrell (kburrell3@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 10:33:51 EDT

I recently setup my main session to be shared with VNC so I can
remotely connect to my desktop and see what I see at home. Everything
seems to configured correctly the vnc server is running. I can connect
to the session however when I log in I get Authentication Failed. If I
start a new vnc session on :1 I can log in fine with no issues. Has
anyone ever set this up? Or have any suggestions on how to fix?

Here is there relevent sections of my xorg.conf:
Section "Module"
    Load "dbe" # Double buffer extension
    SubSection "extmod"
      Option "omit xfree86-dga"
    EndSubSection
    Load "type1"
    Load "freetype"
    Load "vnc" # vnc.so // allows sharing of desktopsession.
    Load "glx" # libglx.a
    Load "dri" # libdri.a
EndSection
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Standard VGA"
    VendorName "Unknown"
    BoardName "Unknown"
# Adding this to allow for vnc sharing of desktop section.
    Option "passwordFile" "/home/useless/.vnc/passwd"
    Option "localhost"
# End of VNC added lines.

Thanks in advance for any help,
kb3