Re: [SLUG] Supporting Linux

From: Jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 08:35:15 EDT

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 01:07 am, John Pedersen wrote:
> Also, on the topic of supporting Linux, is anybody using Mepis? I've
> been very happy with Libranet but they have been VERY slow come up
> with their latest version, inc 2.6 kernel; I've been using Mepis more
> and more. It's excellent.

I have been using Mepis on my laptop for a few months now. It seems to suit
this particular machine better than any other distro that I have tried on it.
If they had compiled the GUI (and maybe the kernel) with i686 optimizations,
it would be perfect on the laptop. When you have only a 300MHz CPU and no
accelerated video, optimizing X and KDE makes an appreciable speed
difference. :)