Re: [SLUG] Wireless broadband

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 19:55:22 EDT

Robin "Roblimo" Miller wrote:

> I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop + SMC 802.11 PCMCIA card right
> now, no problem. I had to go into the MEPIS system center to set up
> the wireless connection -- took 10 seconds -- and since I rarely use
> this laptop through a wire I also unchecked the ETH0 setup at boot to
> speed up my boot time.

Hi Robin!

Is your card a, b or g?

I will have to try that unchecking trick. I notice it asked for the root
password. Am I running as root now until I reboot or just on that screen?

My ISP guy is downloading the latest Simply MEPIS for me as we speak.
Maybe that one will print, write to external media and have sound.

Regards,

Pete