Re: [SLUG] GUI development tool

From: jcopenha (jcopenha@typedef.org)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 11:08:28 EDT

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 10:32, Bill Glidden wrote:
> I want to develop a GUI application under Linux. Being new to GUI
> development, I¢m looking for input on tools, libraries, etc.

The two dominant GUI toolkits are GTK+ (GNOME) and Qt (KDE). The GTK+
toolkit is C, there are multiple wrappers and language bindings to do it
in C++,python, etc. I believe Glade is used as the GUI designer for
this. Qt is all C++ with a precompiler called 'moc'. I imagine there
are other language bindings for it also. For this there is Qt
Designer. I haven't used either so I can't really say which is easier,
but that should get you started.

Then there is always Mono and Gtk#, but I don't know of a visual GUI
designer for it.

Jason