Re: [SLUG] the golden rule of discussion can go to hell Bryan J smith

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 07:26:21 EST

> > posting. But after trying to address this Mr. Smith about his
> > contsant changing of the topic field scrwing up email threads
features
> > in Gmail, hotmail, yahoo,. and it apparently has bothered other
> > people. I know there are mail clients that useading and forI sure
> > [snip}
> > So I would to see a simple vote of who has a threading email client
> > and hence is not bothered by mr Smith email subject changing and who

I think threading clients are an artificial crutch. I have no interest
in using
them.

> Hey Rob;
>
> When you can come up with the breath and depth of knowledge that Bryan
> Smith exhibits, then perhaps I may be willing to listen to your
> complaint. It seems obvious that you cannot compete so you are taking
> [snip]

> I for one enjoy Bryan's correspondence very much. If it bothers you
why
> not just hit the delete button and leave the rest of us alone.
>
> Paddy

I agree with Paddy 100 percent.

Treat this list like a newspaper. Read the part you want and
ignore the rest. Generally a subject line gets changed for a reason.

Don't depend on some stupid piece of software to do your
thinking for you. (Yes, I know, all the _important_ people here
get 300+ emails a day ....)

/rant

- Bob