Re: [SLUG] Any local Mac user groups.

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 22:27:53 EST

I don't know of any MUG's out there, but I am a
network admin for near 500 of apple's machine's...
mostly imacs and emacs... 1 g4 dual gig server for the
Students, 1 g4 dual gig server for the Teachers and 1
XServer to rule them all and in the darknes of the
server room bind them with NetInfo... :) ok a little
corny, but us apple guys can be :)

SSH... I'll have to look around for it. I know
everything that has anything to do with what apple
runs on top of their BSD subsystem has it's config
stored in NetInfo.. unless you modify Directory
Services to look at the BSD config files. That's not
saying much though, because their is a complete
Unix-Like(Read BSD) system underneath. Piont being,
if you can dicypher if apple has rewritten a
particular subsystem to get it's info from NetInfo
them you might just want to query apple about it's
location... if it looks like the subsystem in question
hasn't been tampered with too much, then try following
documentation from any BSD distro. The grapevine has
been wispering that They are trying to keep more to
the open source standards.. I'm not sure I see that
either.

Anyway... think of a question.. feel free to ask.

Rob