Re: [SLUG] The thread that would not die, and could not be changed

From: Logan Tygart (thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 08:42:43 EST

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 22:07 -0500, Robert Foxworth wrote:

<snip>
> Now, I was part of this in a peripheral way because I
> commented on my feelings about threaded e-mail.

I too received the mail from Mr. Smith, since I made mention of a
treaded e-mail MUA in that same thread. That same MUA only displayed
"Re: [SLUG] the golden rule of discu..." in the header pane. Only after
I had replied and sent did I notice the full subject line. My bad for
not reading the full subject line before responding. My brain had "the
golden rule of discussion emblazoned upon it.

That said, anyone who subscribes to the list, has the same options all
of us have: we can become immersed, recticent, verbose, argumentative,
condescending etc. etc.

An individual's maturity will likely be reflected in the content of
their postings but also is reflected by when they choose not to respond.
Posting is what we as individuals choose to do and it is not a
requirement. Posts are only words on a screen. Just as easily deleted
or ignored as they are to respond.

Its a free country and anyone can subscribe or unsubscribe to the list
and I, personally, will lose little sleep in that regard, either way.

The Logan

--
08:10:01 up 45 days, 10:23, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.10, 0.44
Mynd you, mse bites Kan be pretty nasti. -- Monty Python