Re: [SLUG] Linux as print server for windows

From: James Marcinek (jmarc1@jemconsult.biz)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 17:23:45 EST

If you don't have your print server running Samba, I would recommend that you
implement it and create a printer share for your printer;then have to setup your
client (windows) to use a network printer server. Not only would this provide
print services (with typical windows interaction) but also provide file services
and could be set up as a Windows NT style domain controller

However you can still connect to using a standard LPR type connection. You will
need to add an additional service to your Windows system (if not already
installed):

Print services for Unix

Then use the network wizard to and specify your settings.

All interaction will be done over the network (between the client and server)