[SLUG] Re: Moving from Red Hat

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 17:02:25 EST

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 13:50, Levi Bard wrote:
> Agreed - the majority of the spiffy new livecds and the like are
> debian-based for a reason (or several)...

Actually, there are a number of Fedora ones, plus SuSE has its.

Unfortunately, a lot of these LiveCDs include a lot of unlicensed
software, which raises redistribution issues.

> Debianistas of the world unite!

Debian is clearly the more mature project when it comes to the community
distribution model. No one can or should knock it at all.

But I do have to note, and laugh at, the continued "change in argument"
of "anti-Red Hat pundits." At first they said Red Hat left the desktop
market. Then they said Red Hat was "dumping" Linux on the community.
Now they say Red Hat is just emulating Debian.

I like the "high road" I see a lot of Red Hat paid developers take ...
"underpromise and overdeliver."

--
Bryan J. Smith                                    b.j.smith@ieee.org
Subtotal Cost of Ownership (SCO) for Windows being less than Linux