Re: [SLUG] Solaris 10 to be Open-Sourced

From: Vijay V. Swami (vswami@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 23:53:57 EST

I don't know about it "sucking". Some of the new features look pretty
good. Its not going to take Linux's place thats for sure.

I just like the fact that Sun is adopting the RedHat/Fedora model of
OS deployment. They really want everyone out there to run their OS,
and for the community to embrace it like it has Linux in hopes that
more will join in with developmental efforts.

I have it running on a test machine, also in a VM on my laptop.

Anyone else playing with it?

/vijay