Re: [SLUG] unix virus

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 12:32:58 EST

paddy wrote:

> Yes, I'm trying to install clamav on an Openbsd 3.6 box w/ postfix,
> spamassassin,etc; as per http://www.flakshack.com/anti-spam/wiki/index.php
>
> I installed clamav-0.80 according to the instructions contained in the
> "FairlySecureAnitVirusWiki" on a brand new box with OpenBSD 3.6.
>
> Everything went well till I got the part where I Update the virus
> database. Upon issuing the command from the howto i.e.;
>
> chroot -u amavisd /var/amavisd /usr/bin/freshclam --log-verbose
>
> the program complained it could not load, one by one the library files
> contained in /var/amavisd/usr/lib. I then located each of these
> librarys, copied them to /var/amavisd/user/lib and received no more
> complaints about that for the time being..
>
> The next segment of this saga was to run the chroot command again as
> above and this time the program informed me that it "Can't change dir to
> /var/clamav.
>
> I'm currently looking for help and will report as soon as a fix is
> explained to me. I just hope this is NOT a process of elimination, line
> by line in the code.

Ouch. That doesn't sound fun at all.

I've got ClamAV running on a couple of Debian GNU/Linux systems here.
the installation process was, of course, a breeze. It asked me a couple
of questions about how I wanted it installed, and it set up its own cron
job (when I chose to do it this way) for checking the virus database.

--
Chad