Re: [SLUG] Sarasota Meeting: If you attend, read this.

From: Knowles Burrell (kburrell3@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 07:56:05 EST

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:24:22 -0500, Pete Theisen <petet@acun.com> wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > It is precisely for this reason that I got a sign for my office a few
> > years ago that said "Due to the volume of complaints we have received
> > regarding our free services, we have chosen to discontinue free
> > services." After a while, a complete lack of gratitude over what I'm
> > doing for free just gets on my nerves. A little appreciation goes a
>
> Hi Chad!
>
> Well, that's where I am. I am trying to provide a free service. If it
> was just for me I would forget Linux but I am working on a non-profit
> project with *no* budget. Then we hear about "Point and Click Linux" -
> wouldn't any non-profit with no budget be interested?
>
> I dare to demonstrate that it is *not* point and click and I am some
> kind of a terrorist?
>
> If the Linux community is only for programmers and techies who don't
> need any "hand-holding" or rich folks who can afford to pay a lot for
> it, well then for heaven's sake, say so and be done with it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete

Pete,
No it is not JUST for programmers and techies, it is for people who
are willing to learn, willing to read. Who have a want to be in
control over there operating system. It is not for people who want
hand outs. The title of Robin's book is not "Email me a million times
I will fix all your problems, and if I cant or dont get back to you
fast enough bad mouth me on SLUG." If you want to get your issues
fixed do a littl research. Sending these emails and the one you sent
that simply had a quote from ALSA's website is not how you get things
fixed.

--
kb3
http://useless.sgpalace.com