Re: [SLUG] is it just me?

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 15:39:54 EST

Mike Dittmeier wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot. I still need to get a shared fax service up. I have
> been looking a getty and hylafax. let me know if anyone has any other
> ideas.
>
> Ditt
>
> On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 15:25 -0500, Mike Dittmeier wrote:
>
>>Has everyone else been getting old email/out of order lately on the
>>list?

Hylafax is a good server. My major aggravation with hylafax has been in
finding an easily installed and configured GUI client for it for
Windows. I haven't looked into GUI clients for it that work in Linux
systems, because I haven't had any particular need to do so, but the
kind of hoops I've had to jump through in the past to get GUI hylafax
clients set up on Windows machines . . . well, it's just not reasonable.

The server itself is mostly a no-brainer. Some of the initial
configuration decisions that need to be made are not instantly
self-evident, but they're not difficult to figure out (just make sure
you don't start the telephone number with a plus sign, regardless of how
the configuration script phrases its question). Let me know if you
figure out a simple, easy solution for graphical clients, though.

--
Chad

PS: No, it's not just you. The list has been acting a little wonky for me lately, and it has eaten a couple of my emails completely. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.