Re: [SLUG] Re: Moving from Red Hat

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 23:21:45 EST

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 09:26 pm, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

<snip>

> Regarding #2, I have now been at 2 _major_ Fortune 100 companies over
> the past year. They are doing _exactly_ this, maintaining an internal
> Fedora repository that matches their RHEL deployments, as well as
> planning for future RHEL releases (e.g., Fedora Core 2 before RHEL 4
> came out). Why? To tweak support for Oracle and other software on
> potential "updates" to RHEL before they are released.

I got to give it to you Brian, when you answer, you ANSWER!

No ambiguities, no assumptions (unless clearly marked so) and thoroughly
complete!

Thanks for yet another well written article with so much data I wonder if you
research it each time or just pull it out of your memory!? : )

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.