Re: [SLUG] Mandrake 10.1 Additional Driver Floppie

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 19:14:58 EST

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 11:00 am, SOTL wrote:

> The second issue is an integrity issue.
> I wanted quality; I paid for quality and I got trash.
> To rub it in futher this is NOT a Linux issue it is simply a quality issue
> and to addinsult to insult it happens every time Mandrake puts a
> distribution together.

Well, I'm learning that MDK do have an issue with quality. They are not that
good on bringing together a working distro. F.ex. I discovered Quanta that
shipps with it to be a beta version!?!

It kept on doing odd things on me and going onto their list I discovered that
they would not even help unless I upgraded to a post release version...

There are definitely a number of stupid little issues with them. Which is too
bad because I otherwise find them a good distro.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.