Re: [SLUG] DSL Download Speed

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 01:25:45 EST

vzd1s11k wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 17:08, SOTL wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>I am using the office DSL line to down loaf a linux distribution.
>>
>>The speed I am seeing seems way to slow taking excessive amount of time so
>>what is a reasonable download time for 730 MB?
>>
>>Frank
>>This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>>Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>>posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>>official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.
>

> I get about 1 .iso per hour on Verizon

That sounds about right to me, too. 730MB is kind of on the large side
of ISOs, but it shouldn't be too much more than an hour if you get a
reasonably good download mirror. Generally, if you're on broadband,
your download speed will be limited by the mirror you choose rather than
the ISP you're using.

--
Chad