Re: [SLUG] DSL Download Speed

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 06:39:09 EST

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 22:08, Pete Theisen wrote:
> SOTL wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I am using the office DSL line to down loaf a linux distribution.
> >
> > The speed I am seeing seems way to slow taking excessive amount of
> > time so what is a reasonable download time for 730 MB?
>
> Hi Frank!
>
> How much time you got? If you down *loaf* you might be moving slowly <g>.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete

Thanks All

Well I guess the system is loafing as I am getting speeds of up wards of 5
kbites/second. Expected time of download for 730 MB is in excess of 48 hours
and this on a T1 line NOT DSL as I first thought. Issue appears to be local
network NOT incoming line. Fortunately I have NO access to local network or I
would fix it which would create major problems with management.

Frank