[SLUG] Command Queuing Program

From: Christopher Hotchkiss (christopher.hotchkiss@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 06:19:38 EST

Hey everyone, I recently finished up a command queuing program for my
organization. It is a modest size, but I feel like it is lacking
something. So if anyone would like to try it and leave a suggestion or
two, it would be much appreciated.

This program is called netexec, its job is to allow for the queuing of
file and cmds, across an INTERNAL network. Please do not use this
program on the internet. Right now I am using it to perform updates
and change settings on a bunch of workstations. One of its benefits is
that a netexec server can "proxy" requestions in a chain. It does log
every file and cmd as well as their output.

Please note that the following CPAN modules are need to run this program.
Frontier::Daemon;
Frontier::Client;
XML::Dumper;
MIME::Base64;

The server is here. http://dorm.ath.cx/netexec-server
The client is here. http://dorm.ath.cx/netexec-client
It is released under the GPL.

For the client:
netexec-client file group="b2,b3->b4" /etc/fstab /etc/fstab

This will queue the /etc/fstab file onto b2 and b4 via b3.

netexec-client add group="b2,b3->b4" 'cat /etc/make.conf'

This will add 'cat /etc/make.conf'. To the queue.

netexec-client run group="b2,b3->b4"

This will run the queues and return the output.

For the server:
netexec-server

This will run the server and daemonize it.

NOTE: This server requires write access to /var/spool to store its
queue, if you run this as root please adjust the netexec-client
permissions accordingly.

--
Christopher Hotchkiss
(813)960-9273