Re: [SLUG] Re: I don't run Debian because it is a 14 CD "kitchen sink" distro ...

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 10:43:28 EST

I've used both debian and fedora, both 32- and 64-bit, and my
experiences mesh with what CP is saying. Additionally, any installer
that depends on python can not be considered lean IMO.

The thing that makes the debian installer great for various
installation sizes is the fact that it has 3 levels of granularity -
"Install Everything," select from big chunks of stuff(Programming,
Servers, GNOME, ...), and package-level.

Incidentally, the x86-64 Fedora is a mess. At least it was for FC1 and FC2.